Pikes Peak Sports Car Club
11-26-14, 07:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PPIR OCT. 26th  (Read 9345 times)
tourbi
Administrator, happy to help if you need it
Administrator
Advanced Member

Very happy in tourbiland

« on: 10-04-08, 02:50 PM »

Hi,

In order to get the event running as quick as possible in the morning, we strongly encourage people to pre-register.  If you think you may show up, but are not sure of your schedule, pre-register anyway.  It's quicker to delete no-shows than it is to enter information into the computer on the morning of the event.

We also encourage you to pay on site (you have to visit registration anyway to pick up a tech form.) You may pre-pay using Paypal.  Our paypal email address is treasurer@ppscc.net.

Pre-registration is a little different than in the past.  We hope the web form will make it easier.

Pre-registration is now closed.  Thank you for registering.

It is not necessary to use your real name, you can use your "nick" from your forum registration or you can make one up if you like.  Please don't leave any of the form fields blank, use a dash if necessary. If you encounter an error page, please reply to this thread and give us the info. in a post.

If you don't see your entry in the list at the top of the pre-registration page, click the refresh button on your browser.

For Pre-registrants, the day of the event: You must come to the registration table.  DO NOT fill out the registration form there, you filled it in here. If you have not paid, you will pay at that time.  You will be asked to sign the printed page of the registration and to sign the insurance waver.

A PPIR waiver is posted here, (or see bottom of this post for the attachment.) Please download it, print it, fill it in and have it at the PPIR gate the day of the event. The document is a pdf file.  If you don't have a pdf viewer, you may use KPDF, PDF-exchange viewer or Acrobat reader, all free programs. You will save yourself (and the line of cars behind you) some time if you fill in this form before arrival.

If you decide to not pre-register or are unsure of your schedule, we accept walk-up registrations at the event, but remember we encourage you to pre-register.

Pre-regisitration will close Oct. 25th, 12 noon.

Gate open: 7:00am
Registration/Check in: 8:30-9:30am MST
Drivers meeting: 9:45am
First car off: 10:00am

ALL cars must pass safety inspection, have seat belts and mufflers. NO loud exhaust! If your car is too loud for SCCA events, then it's too loud for ours.
Helmets, Snell 90, DOT 90 or newer, REQUIRED. Some loaners available.
Valid drivers license is required
Entry fee is $40 for everyone.

All drivers must work.

If you need help, post here.  We will help as soon as possible. Thank you.

Ted from Short Stop will bring his food concession trailer to the event.   He plans to be set up to serve breakfast items by 7:30 AM and lunch items later on.

* PPIR_Waiver.pdf (697.72 KB - downloaded 381 times.)
« Last Edit: 10-25-08, 06:20 PM by Scott » Logged
rex7
Administrator
Advanced Member

« Reply #1 on: 10-04-08, 03:28 PM »

Here is an example of the old way to register:

car#: 79
class: F/P
model: RX 7
color:  Black
First name/user name: Mark
Last name:  Vandegrift

event: PPIR
Date: 10-26-08
PPSCC member?   yes...x...no......
Paid:...... Not:.x....

See the first post above for the new way.
« Last Edit: 10-05-08, 06:44 PM by Scott » Logged
tibunger

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: 10-07-08, 01:11 PM »

I don't know the class of my car, can someone list the classes please question

tourbi
Administrator, happy to help if you need it
Administrator
Advanced Member

Very happy in tourbiland

« Reply #3 on: 10-07-08, 02:16 PM »

I don't know the class of my car, can someone list the classes please question
Please give them info about the car, modifications, etc. They can then tell you the class.
Thanks.
tibunger

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: 10-07-08, 02:42 PM »

thanks tourbi    Smiley

I have an 01 ford focus se, and currently everything is stock.
Scott
Administrator
Advanced Member

« Reply #5 on: 10-08-08, 01:40 AM »

Hi tibunger. 

If you were going to run your SCCA class designation, it looks like HS.  Since we allow people to do that, that's what most people do.
tibunger

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: 10-08-08, 01:30 PM »

Okay, thanks alot Scott!   Grin 
tibunger

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: 10-13-08, 01:39 PM »

I tried the new preregister form and it gives me this error every time I try:

Warning: fopen(10-26-08.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ppsccne/domains/ppscc.net/public_html/EventRegistration/action.php on line 36
can't open file

Maybe its because I'm on a mac? I will try a pc and see what that does.... That did the same thing. So anyway, just letting you (whoever needs to know) know what happened
Scott
Administrator
Advanced Member

« Reply #8 on: 10-13-08, 02:26 PM »

I tried the new preregister form and it gives me this error every time I try:

Warning: fopen(10-26-08.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ppsccne/domains/ppscc.net/public_html/EventRegistration/action.php on line 36
can't open file

Maybe its because I'm on a mac? I will try a pc and see what that does.... That did the same thing. So anyway, just letting you (whoever needs to know) know what happened

Confirmed.  Not a Mac or PC thing (doesn't work on Linux either.)  Thanks tibunger.  It looks like some permissions have been changed on the server.  We'll look into it.
Scott
Administrator
Advanced Member

« Reply #9 on: 10-13-08, 07:38 PM »

I moved the registration form to my personal server for now.  Brief testing shows the registration system to be working again.  When we sort out the problem on the PPSCC server, I'll move it back.
4ZZS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: 10-17-08, 06:24 PM »

I don't know what class you will put my Mustang in, so I filled it in with the big "?". 2002 Mustang GT Convertible w/ S/C.

Thanks for putting this on. I enjoyed the one at the Dick's lot in Spring and really look forward to this one, as well.

Ken

02 Mustang GT Convert. Blue on Blue
RichV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: 10-18-08, 12:41 AM »

Registered.

Plan on paying there.

Q on the exhaust thing. I've never run SCCA, or auto-x for that matter. Ran an SVO at RMMR once. Anyway, I race with NASA and have a CMC car I would like to bring out. The exhaust has a muffler but dumps before the rear wheels. It is loud, but there are definitely louder. It does have stock exhaust maifolds. Would a cobra radster with sidepipes be too loud for this? I'm definitely quieter than that.

On classes, I'm not sure. I just did a AS for American Sedan, but it is not a 'legal' car by any means.

What does the tech inspection hold? Any different than what NASA requires for road racing? It is a fully caged car with relocated battery, fire system, window nets, etc.

Thanks! Rich.
RichV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: 10-18-08, 12:44 AM »

Sorry,

1989 Mustang
302 stock, 229rwhp
White
Richard Vogl
Scott
Administrator
Advanced Member

« Reply #13 on: 10-18-08, 03:51 AM »

Hi Rich,

Regarding sound levels, if you were to drive it on the street, would the noise attract unwanted attention from the cops?  If so, it's probably too loud.

Tech inspection is basic safety stuff.  Battery secured, tires have rubber on them, wheels don't seem likely to fall off, nothing unsecured in the car to fly around while you are flogging it, seat belts, throttle return spring... you get the idea.

We'll figure out something for the class.  AS is fine for now.
RichV

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: 10-18-08, 12:36 PM »

I'm not sure Scott.

Ive heard street cars that I would say are louder than mine. It has never been street legal, so dont know about the 'unwanted attention'. It's such a subjective thing.

I'm not very popular with the neighbors when I fire it up. But it's no louder than any of the 20+ cars that race with me in the NASA Thunder group.

Is the sound limitation a city/PPIR thing, or a PPSCC? Reason I ask is I've run at Pueblo, Hastings, PPIR without any complaints. But if I'm the only V8 w/ehaust out there, it will be very loud compared to 4s and 6es.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: